akita daily photo  秋田の日々の写真

March 06, 2006

winter almost over..





The picture on top I took about a month ago. Akita was covered with clean , white beautiful snow. The winter season was too bad this year, we had heavy snow almost everyday and even the roof of my apartment was deformed due to the weight of the snow . Locals said that this kind of winter last occurred 30 something years ago. About 80 or so people died due to snow related accidents. Mostly senior citizens , so we really need a break. This past few days, its been raining and sometimes the sun shows up so the snow is finally melting. It rose to 7 degrees today. I think that spring is just around the corner, although other warmer parts of Japan are saying its spring already.The photo on top is somewhere in downtown Akita. You see, there is still snow on the sidewalks and also on vacant lots. On the far right of the picture is just one lot used to dump snow. Even the parking space at the city hall was used. It was my third winter season and was really difficult for me to go to work. The buses were always late. I hope that before the next winter I already have my own car .

Posted by
・midnitebara
7:49 PM 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------
Free Visitor Counter